Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 49 6/1/15

6.1.15
Hello Everyone!

This has been just an awesome week! 

It started off on Wednesday when I receive my new companion, Elder Wilson, Im super stoked to be serving with him. He's been in the mission about 6 months but is super solid. He just has the best desires of anyone I know. He just wants to go and do. He is such a great example. Other things about him, he is from Detroit Michigan, he plays rugby, and he is a big kid. We decided we were going to work out mornings and nights in our free time as well as eat super healthy. No fast food, No soda, Just clean healthy stuff! Basically we are going super hard this transfer.

We aren't only going hard working out though. We decided day one that there is no rain, no wind, no excuse. That will keep us from doing the lords work. We are Working every second of every day. We are always having our line in the water. We are doing to leave nothing behind. For example, when we got into Decatur (after a great lunch at chipotle... which was before the healthy food decision was made) it was raining pretty hard. We still had a few appointments though. Now, most missionaries may have just thrown in the towel and rescheduled. We decided however that if these people we are teaching are really going to understand how important the gospel is to them. they need to see how important it is to us. So we biked. by the time we got home i was about as wet as i've ever been in my life. But we were able to see our investigators! Subsequently, we've been caught in crazy random rainstorms another 4 times in the last 5 days. Its been awesome! I know it sounds crazy, but the lord really does know how hard we work. and when we work our hardest, he really will bless us. 

I can strongly testify of that, because every time we were caught in the rain, our investigator was there and we had a great lesson with them. Then, an even greater blessing, 6 of our investigators came to church! They all told us how much they loved it as well! We both are just extremely excited for this up coming transfer. its going to be a great one! 

Now, I have a little story that I would love to share with all of you. So, When I was in Huntsville I had the chance to work with and Baptise a lady named Leonor. She is just the sweetest and kindest Hispanic woman ever! I also had the chance to work with a man named Ramiro who had been investigation the church for almost 2 years but had never been baptised. Well, After I left Huntsville, he too ended up getting baptised. So, This Sunday we had the opportunity to go with a lady we are teaching named Nancy, to the Spanish branch there in Huntsville. It was amazing for me, not only was I able to see how the spirit of the church took hold of Nancys heart, but I also was able to see Leonor, bubbling with joy while sitting in church. A full fledged and loved member. Then I looked over and saw Ramiro, he was passing the sacrament. i cannot describe the shear joy i felt. To be able to see how happy the gospel had made these 2 individuals. To see the difference in their continuances from before and afte

r. I know that this gospel is true. I know it changes lives. Im so grateful for it as well, ill never forget that experience. 

I love each and every one of you so much! Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment