Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 48 5/26/15

5/26/15

Goodbye Altadena Branch

Hey everyone!

Im really sorry that i have not sent out a group email in the last couple weeks, ive been just insanely busy! I have been doing awesome though! I LOVE my mission. Its busy, honestly the busiest ive ever been in my life. Its extremely stressful, always having to deal with all sorts of people and ideas. Its exhausting, Riding bikes every day and working till you drop. BUT its worth it. I would not want to do anything else right now in my life. I have the opportunity to be in the service of the lord right now. What greater blessing could i ever have then that? before i move on to talking about my week, i want to share with you all something that has been very powerful to me the last few months. Its called the fellowship of the unashamed.

 I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed
       The die has been cast.
         I have stepped over the line
         The decision has been made
         I  am a disciple of Jesus Christ
 
       I wont look back,let up,slow down,or be still
 My past is redeemed,my present makes sense and my future is secure.
        I am finished and done with low living,small planning, smooth knees,
        Colorless dreams,tamed visions,worldly talking,
,         Cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

       I no longer need pre-eminence positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity.
       I  do not have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.
        I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience,
         Am uplifted by prayer and labour with power.

         My face is set, my gait  is fast, my goal is heaven.
          My road is narrow, my guide is reliable, my mission clear.

         I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed.
         I will not flinch in the face of adversity, negotiate at the table of  the enemy .
         Ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
         

         I will not  give up, shut up or let up
          Until i have stayed up, stored up and paid up
           For the cause of Christ
       
          I must go til He comes, give til i drop,
           Preach til all know and work til He stops me.
         
         And when He returns for His own,
         He will have no problem recognising me
            My banner will be clear.
           
 I love it! Its is a quote by Henry B. Eyring, and its kind of become my moto for my mission. I want to be unashamed. i want to be the type of persom that is that dedicated and diligent. I want to be that true disciple of Jesus Christ. So, im working on it little by little.

Anyways, As you can probobly tell from the subject line of his letter. Im being Transfered!! Haha, it has been such a blast serving in the Altadena spanish branch here in birmingham, but alas, my time is up and there is more areas that i need to go and work hard in! So, i wont know where im going or my address until tomorrow, but i will let y'all know asap.

It truly has been a blast serving here as well, ive had so many memories. Ive been lost on busses, almost hit by cars, yelled at by crazy people. ive biked in outrageous downpours of rain, walked through blistering heat, and yet, ive seen gods hand in my life. Ive been able to see at every turn how god blesses those that do what he says. Ive met some of the most amazing people in this area, people that will be lifelong friends and many people that are preparing to be baptized and hopefully will make that decision when the time is right for them.

i have one quick story, My first week here me and my companion met a lady named Lucy who lives not to far away from us. She is a single lady and love love loves her garden and yard. She was so impressed that 2 young men would even stop to offer to help her do yard work. she refused (because she is a self relient woman) but we stayed in contact. we would talk to her in passing and finally this last weekend we were able to do some service for her, leveling out her back yard where she couldnt. It was such a great experience to see how someone could go from having no interest in us, to really respecting and loving what we do. She now has a Book of Mormon and as far as i know has been reading it. 

A different woman was baptized after visiting with missionaries for a year and a half! Sometimes it takes a long time for the spirit to touch people, but this work is real. the work that we do, is never worthless. we are always helping or influence somebody in everything we do, as missionarys and at home. I hope that we can all learn to influence everybody we meet, for good.

I love you all!


-Elder Steele










No comments:

Post a Comment