Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 53 6/29/15 One Year!

6.29.15 Baptisms!

Hey everyone!

This week has just been amazing! As you probably guessed from the subject, me and my companion Elder Wilson were very privileged to see Kevin and Staciee get baptized this weekend!! It was awesome, definitely one of the top 10 days of my mission thus far. We have been working with them since i got to Decatur and they have been investigating the church for nearly 2 years!!! The spirit that was there at the baptism really blew me away, the feeling you get from being part of someone to Christ is indescribable. I think the best part was right after coming out of the water, i was in the bathroom changing and Kevin and i were talking. He is not a very talkative person, nor a very spiritual/emotional person. However, he just bore his testimony so powerfully to me, how he felt so incredibly clean, how he felt like he definitely made the right decision. Its been such a privilege to work with Him and Staciee!

The other picture is me taking an awkward selfie by our car haha, It was my hump day this last week and so i got this awesome Camel shirt in the mail! Thank you by the way! and so i thought id share with yall a bit of my testimony after being in the mission a year!

I'll be honest, when i came out on my mission, i thought i knew everything, i thought there is no way i would change on my mission, i thought i would have some good experiences, but i never could have imagined how truly powerful missionary work is. Ive never been able to feel the spirit so much in my life, ive never been able to feel literally guided by the hand of the lord, and here i truly feel that every single day, god is leading the way. Ive seen how powerful the atonement is to change lives, in the lives of others, and in the my own life. Jesus Christ truly did suffer and die for each and every one of us, because of that atoning sacrifice he took all of our sins, our pains, our weeknesses, everything! all we need to do, is trust in him! My mission has been hard during many times, however in the hardest times, the times i felt i couldnt go on, the times i wanted to give up. I have been strengthened and lifted by the spirit in a way i cant describe. I thought i wouldnt change, that i wouldnt grow. Now, i look back and realize that i am in nowise the same person at all, that ive grown more than makes sense to my brain; and i look forward thinking, i still have a long way to go. I truly love Alabama, i love the people here, i love the gospel, i love serving, i love the hard days because they help me appreciate the good ones. I love the rain, The heat, and yes, Even the Humidity! I want you all to know that jesus Christ lives, God is his and our father, and because of him. We can overcome anything. Any trial, any problem, anything. I know this is his church on the earth. I know i am in his service. I know he loves all of us :)

I could keep writing forever, but i guess thats just a little teaser haha. As far as the rest of my week though, it was great! We had an awesome time at a service project! The Rawlings in our ward are building a house out of shipping containers, so... We helped them build it! it was kind of like building with giant legos haha. we just cut steel and gave it to brother rawlings to weld into place and then went and water prrofed everything! I wish i had pictures to send but i forgot my camera that day sadly.... These people also custom make old cars into drag racing cars. One of them is built specifically to do wheelies haha. Its awesome!

We also got to go to the temple this week! Its super fun to go as a missionary because it only happens like 3 times a year! it was such a needed spiritual boost! 


That is all the big stuff we did though, i hope all of you are doing really well! Love you all so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment