Thursday, January 1, 2015

Week 27 12/29/14

12/29/14
Hey Everyone! and Merry Christmas! and also, Happy new year!

First of all i want to say a huge thank you for everyone who sent Christmas and birthday gifts and wishes and cards and everything that you did for me. THANK YOU!!!! It made Christmas and my birthday so memorable to receive so much love from so many! Im sorry if i was not able to write you individually but i tried my best! I love you all so much!

The highlights of my week though started on Christmas eve! We had a bit of a wild day getting everything ready for Christmas, trying to buy eggnog on Christmas eve and such is a bit wild! Then we went over to the Santos Families house! They had made a bunch of tamales and invited us and the lopez family over and the silvas and it was so fun! we played a white elephant gift game with candy bars and then watched some lds.org Christmas videos! It definitely brought the spirit and got us in the mood for Christmas :)

Then that night all of us Spanish elders stayed the night at me and elder Kellogg apartment so that we could all wake up by the Christmas tree! it was really fun! we had a good time talking and geting ready for the holiday!

On Christmas we woke up and made some cinnamon rolls! (one of Elder Kelloggs traditions) then got all ready and went to the knights house to skype! it was a blast to be able to see my family and talk to everyone! We played scrabble and ate some yummy sandwiches and then left for the Lopez familys house where we had another awesome hispanic party! haah we had tacos and then they shoved my face in a cake for my birthday haha. almost burnt my eyeball with the candle but i saved myself haha. I love the spanish culture! its just so fun!

The next day (on my actually birthday) Me and elder Kellogg had to drive to Birmingham for a doctors appointment and so we were able to stop and eat lunch at buffalo wild wings (one of my favorite places) With Elder Jackson (my trainer) and Elder Pendleton. (a friend from the MTC) It was a blast!

But then to top it all off, saturday was our branch Christmas party! Investigators came and almost the whole branch! We played soccer and i may have even caved and danced a little haha. This whole week has been a blast! It has also been very good for missionary work to though! we have ran into and taught some really amazing familys! everything is going awesome here right now and i am just loving the mission!


I hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas as well! Love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment