Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 7


Hey everyone!

I am sitting here on my first p-day in the mission feild! alabama is just one awesome place to be! (best mission on earth i have to say.) I was extremely impressed because as we landed in goergia, every one was probobly the nicest people ever! even the hard core security guys were nice and friendly and one even handed out candy after you went through custums, it was awesome! that southern hospitality is real! as we came to birmingham i realized how green everything is! you litterally cant see more then a mile because there is just trees everywhere! it is such a beautiful place! 

I am now serving in huntsville with elder jackson. He is my trainer for at least 6 weeks and is an amazing missionary! he has been out here for like a year and is all but fluent in spanish. He is really good because we get along and share food. we have already started a habit of sharing and serving one another and I feel extremely blessed to be getting along so well with my first companion! The only really hard part is that we are both new to the area and had no area book! basically we are starting from scratch out here, so we have been contacting a lot and tracting and weve found a few nice familys! we are hoping and praying that we will be able to teach these few familys and help bring true joy to their lives! 

We have a car but also ride bikes because we can only drive our cars a certain amount haha. There is a lot of spanish people so we mostly will be driving down close ish to where they live and then biking trying to talk to every one we can! thus far its been some hard work out in the feild but we are ery excited to be here in huntsville doing work! I dont have much more to say at the moment because ive only been here a few days but make sure to ask any questions and i will try to answer them!  Alabama is the best mission on earth! my address right now is 

huntsville alabama, 670 apartment 8, julia st NW, 35816

feel free to send my letters and such and i will respond as i can!

Also please thank everyone at the reunion for there letters! it was super nice and it was great to be able to hear from them! i miss all my family and love you all so much!

Oh and a few random things, i went on exchanges like day 2 in the feild. i went with our ZLs. because of that my very first lesson i taught on my spanish speaking mission was in english!!! haha. Then later that same day me and elder jackson ended up in a mild bible bash in spanish! this is going to be a weird mission i can tell but itll be awesome! the 2 hispanic guys were from a church called "la luz del mundo" and they beleive some weird stuff. they didnt really try and bash us, mostly they just were curious as to why our church was different then theres. Hopefully they got a good feeling from us because we were kind and not contentious at all! but we definitelly try to avoid bashing as much as posible.

I want everyone to know how much i love and am excited for this work, i love this gospel and i love the people here in alabama. I will be extremely excited to share some awesome storys in the future but one quick thing i want to share is my mission scripture. helaman 5:12. please go read. It shows me that if you build your foundation on christ, if you trust in the lord and lean not unto thine own understanding, when you have trials they will be of no avail. Be steadfast i christ (2nephi 31:20). I know that if you do these things you will find joy and peace. I know this is the true church and that through folling the example of christ and keeping the comandments we can be eternally happy :) its amazing being part of the lords work.

Love you all!
Elder Steele




This picture is from the Mexico CCM.....notice the statue in the background.  Kieran's companion is Elder Bartlett to Kieran's left, not striking the silly pose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment